31.5.2013

Astubutiikkiin.fi portal for small finnish design and craft companies

Astubutiikkiin.fi is a new portal that will be launched this autumn: At the moment they're collecting interesting companies to work with and making the design for the webpage. There are over 70 small businesses taking part in it already!




I decided to join, because I think it is a good way to get my items on the right target market: people who are interested in finnish design and crafts. Being a part of the portal costs 60 euros + vat per month and they're actually going to advertise it to get it out there in a loud way! After I joined, I got invited to a hidden facebook group full with other business owners who joined the portal. We are chatting and getting to know each other and giving our ideas about the portal to Mari Moilanen, who is the owner and maker of astubutiikkiin.fi -portal.

Here is the basic idea of the portal (sorry for it being in finnish)


The basic idea is that the businesses load their items on the astubutiikkiin.fi -portal and when a customer wants to buy an item they are redirected to a website where it is possible. For example, I would redirect the customer to buy the item from nellinshoppi.etsy.com or to contact me trough e-mail. So actual selling doesn't happen in the portal, but it collects all the small finnish design companies in one place, making them easier to access and market.

After I sent the e-mail saying that I would love to be a part of this, Mari contacted me and told me how to proceed. She answered all my questions very fast and was helpful and excited in many ways! It really shows how much she wants to get this portal up and running. The whole idea of this portal came to her when she was trying to find high quality handmade presents for her family. I think astubutiikkiin.fi -portal has all the possibilities to become big in Finland and I haven't seen anything like this done here before. It's all very exciting!

Mari makes a welcoming blog post on each company joining the site. Yesterday she made a blog post about Nellin Shoppi; you can read it here. You can also read about other businesses she wrote about here.

Anyone who would love to be a part of the portal can contact Mari easily trough her e-mail

marihilja.moilanen(a)gmail.com

Astu Butiikkiin in Facebook
Astu Butiikkiin blog 
Astubutiikkiin.fi

Check out this list of businesses taking part in Astu Butiikkiin! 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti